S3 EP6: GEORGE EGG - show notes
To listen to this episode, click here.
S3 EP6: GEORGE EGG - summary
George and Olly share a glass of not one but two truly unique wines as they talk about cookery, comedy, camaraderie and Indiana Jones.
S3 EP6: GEORGE EGG - timeline
- 03:54 - George's current show is DIY Chef
- 05:53 - George brings a bottle of his homemade Norfolk crab and wilding wine
- 07:08 - the poster in George's house was designed by his son for Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them
- 07:44 - the second drink George brings is homemade plum wine
- 08:15 - George also makes elderflower cordial, with which he creates a spritzer using his crab apple and (non-homemade!) soda water
- 10:03 - George used a recipe from John Wright's book Booze
- 1 1:15 - Olly compares the flavours to those found in Provence rosé or Tavel rosé
- 13:03 - One of George's go-to wines is Viognier
- 14:22 - George was inspired by Archaos
- 15:24 - George then worked with Ian Smith of Mischief La Bas
- 16:42 - During his show, George cooks a steak using two blowtorches and a metal Terminator 2 DVD box
- 17:23 - George appeared on William Sitwell's radio show
- 17:48 - President Obama's favourite beer is made by Goose Island and gave a bottle to David Cameron at the G20 conference in 2010
- 18:23 - Olly and George admire the packaging of Beavertown and Pistonhead
- 22:38 - George makes reference to Raiders Of The Lost Ark, and the fertility idol on the boobytrapped plinth.
- 24:17 - The thing that makes George laugh loudest is You've Been Framed with Harry Hill
- 27:55 - you can find out George's tour dates at GeorgeEgg.com