S3 EP4: ANDI OLIVER - show notes
To listen to this episode, click here.
S3 EP4: ANDI OLIVER - summary
Andi and Oliver share a glass at her London restaurant to talk about her incredible life and career so far.
S3 EP4: ANDI OLIVER - timeline
- 01:54 - Andi and Olly met at Andi's restaurant
- 02:00 - Andi's restaurant was designed by Deborah Armstrong
- 02:34 - Mead is a drink based on fermented honey
- 02:43 - Andi (and Olly) bought their bottles from Borough Wines
- 04:00 - Andi brings a bottle of Gosnell's Mead. It costs around £4 per 330ml bottle.
- 05:04 - Andi's loves to drink vodka, port and dry sherry
- 04:59 - Fino and Manzanilla are types of dry sherry
- 05:26 - Rick Stein's Road To Mexico is a BBC2 television programme first broadcast in January 2018
- 06:08 - Olly visited the Hill Farmstead brewery in Vermont
- 06:55 - Andi appeared on cult BBC sitcom The Young Ones as the lead singer in Rip Rig + Panic
- 08:24 - Andi grew up in Bury St-Edmunds
- 08:40 - Andi met her lifelong friend Neneh Cherry while in the band
- 09:47 - Andi drove a 1970s Morris Minor across south-east Asia for a forthcoming television show called Road to Saigon
- 12:47 - Edgar Allen Poe went to school on the site of Andi's restaurant
- 13:48 - Andi's sausages are made by Forest Coalpit Farm
- 16:28 - Andi played Titania in A Midsummer Night's Dream at the Theatre Royal in Bury St Edmunds
- 17:15 - Andi interviewed writer Maya Angelou
- 20:27 - Andi loves the chefs Rick Stein and Nuno Mendes
- 21:36 - Andi chooses A Change is Gonna Come by Sam Cooke