S3 EP2: CANDICE BROWN - show notes
To listen to this episode, click here.
S3 EP2: CANDICE BROWN - summary
Olly and Candice Brown share a cheeky glass of English bubbles while they talk about her success winning the Great British Bakeoff, growing up above a pub, showbiz, the importance of saying thank-you, and her favourite drinks.
S3 EP2: CANDICE BROWN - timeline
- 02:34 - Candice featured this bottle as part of her winning creation in the final of the GBBO
- 03:53 - Olly and Candice met on the BBC television show Christmas Kitchen
- 05:07 - Nyetimber is based in West Sussex
- 05:33 - Candice brought some of her home-made chocolate caramel salted shortbread from her new book
- 05:40 - Candice's book is called Comfort.
- 08:58 - Olly mentions the pub The Square and Compass in Dorset
- 09:13 - Liam Macaulay is Candice's Brown's fiancé.
- 10:24 - Candice Brown was born in Edmonton
- 13:24 - Candice was in Fortnum and Mason on Piccadilly
- 15:08 - Candice's favourite red is Malbec from Argentina ...
- 15:19 - ... but she is also a big fan of Bonarda
- 17:33 - Candice was a teacher before winning the Great British Bakeoff
- 19:44 - Candice does charity work with Great Ormond Street Hospital
- 20:55 - Olly gives Candice a bottle of Joan Simo, Viatge al Priorat 2014 from Catalonia. The average price is £21 per bottle.
- 21:31 - The soil in Priorat is known as llicorella
S3 EP2: CANDICE BROWN - production notes
- Recorded on 27 October 2017 at a private club in central London
- Hosted by Olly Smith
- Produced and edited by Richard Hemming MW
- Mastered by David Thomas
- Hardware list: 2 x AT-2020 condenser microphones with pop shields, Zoom H6 digital recorder, ATH-M20X headphones
- Software list: Audacity 2.2.2, Garageband 10.2.0