S1 EP2: DAVE LAMB - show notes
To listen to this episode, click here.
S1 EP2: DAVE LAMB - summary
Voiceover artist, writer and comedian Dave Lamb talks to Olly about wine, cricket, beer, comedy and much more - including how he once bit his own tongue in half ...
S1 EP2: DAVE LAMB - timeline
- 00:05 - thanks to our sponsor Tio Pepe
- 00:14 - thanks to our sponsor Beronia
- 02:56 - Lords is a cricket ground in London known as 'the home of cricket'
- 02:58 - Amontillado is type of sherry
- 03:20 - Chris Woakes is an English cricketer
- 04:45 - Dave has done the voiceover for Channel 4's Come Dine With Me since it started in 2005.
- 07:02 - Barking was a sketch show on Channel 4, broadcast in 1998
- 07:39 - Dave Brings a bottle of Iuli Nino 2013 from Monferrato in northwest Italy. The average price is £17 per bottle.
- 17:49 - Dave stars in Horrible Histories and Gory Games
- 18:22 - Olly is one of the wine experts on BBC One's Saturday Kitchen
- 18:26 - Bolney Estate is an English winery in Sussex
- 19:09 - The Godfather Part II is three hours and 20 minutes long!
- 19:39 - Kevin Bishop is an English actor
- 20:08 - one of the radio shows Dave has written and performed in is Dave Against The Machine
- 20:53 - Moving Wallpaper was a Channel 4 programme broadcast in 2008 and 2009
- 21:51 - Blackadder and The Young Ones were seminal British sitcoms in the 1980s.
- 23:17 - Hugh Laurie played Prince George in Blackadder The Third
- 23:51 - Ian Botham is an English cricketer and commentator
- 24:02 - Mark Ramprakash is an English cricketer and batting coach
- 25:12 - Harveys is a beer brewed in Lewes, East Sussex
- 25:18 - Greene King IPA is another English beer, brewed in Suffolk
- 26:34 - New Zealand Pinot Noir is a very fashionable style of red wine
- 27:48 - Portuguese wine is one of Olly's top tips for good value
- 28:05 - Nyetimber is one England's best-known sparkling wines
- 28:59 - The Chilli Pickle is an Indian Restaurant in Brighton
- 30:07 - port is a sweet fortified wine from Portugal
- 31:16 - Beira Interior is a Portuguese wine region near the Spanish border
- 31:25 - Olly gives Dave a bottle of Quinta do Cardo Grande Escolha 2009, which has an average price of £26 per bottle