To listen to this episode, click here.
S2 EP4: SIR MICHAEL PARKINSON - summary
Chat show legend Sir Michael Parkinson joined Olly for a glass of wine and a chat about his life and career so far. It's an entertaining romp through his many experiences as a television personality, as well as his earlier years in the army and starting out as a journalist.
S2 EP4: SIR MICHAEL PARKINSON - timeline
- 00:04 - This series of A Glass With is brought to you by Côtes du Rhône wines
- 00:08 - This episode is brought to you by Yalumba
- 01:33 - to see Sir Michael doing his live show, visit Parkinson productions
- 02:08 - Sir Michael brings a bottle of Escarpment Pinot Noir 2014 from Martinborough in New Zealand. The average price is £26 per bottle.
- 02:55 - Yates' Wine Lodge was a chain of wine bars especially popular in northern England
- 04:30 - Sir Michael gave the Australia Day address in 2011
- 05:52 - Sir Michael grew in up Grimethorpe, a mining village in Yorkshire
- 06:33 - Ingrid Bergman was a Hollywood film star
- 06:37 - the Rock Cinema was in Cudworth, near where Sir Michael grew up
- 08:08 - this episode is brought to you by Yalumba
- 09:08 - Fleet Street was the centre of London journalism
- 10:07 - El Vino is a legendary wine bar on Fleet Street
- 11:36 - Sir Michael had a chat show on BBC television between 1971 and 2004
- 12:03 - The first guest on Parkinson was actor Terry Thomas
- 13:34 - Granada television is the ITV network for northern England
- 14:54 - Sir Michael appears on the cover of the Wings album Band On The Run